Login    Register

Wicklow Run June Bank Holiday

Planning a run or tech-day? Post the details here
  • Author
Re: Wicklow Run June Bank Holiday

Postby CashelMX5 » Tue, 08 Jun 2010 4:09 +0000

So John, with breaking up the spare car, you'll just about have enough of it left over to make that trailer youv'e been talking and dreaming about :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :alien:
CashelMX5

Postby leamyj » Tue, 08 Jun 2010 5:14 +0000

Could happen Tom, could happen........................
leamyj

Postby mx5ash » Tue, 08 Jun 2010 6:47 +0000

Hey john, tried to post this yesterday but my iphone doesn't like the forum much.
Glad to here you all walked away, metal can be repaired or replaced.
If i can do anything for you give me a shout, have a few spare bits in the shed if you need something. Best wishes to you both.
Ash

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3099765
"When I make a key the on position and push the button, an engine works"
mx5ash

Postby leamyj » Tue, 08 Jun 2010 7:49 +0000

mx5ash wrote:Hey john, tried to post this yesterday but my iphone doesn't like the forum much.
Glad to here you all walked away, metal can be repaired or replaced.
If i can do anything for you give me a shout, have a few spare bits in the shed if you need something. Best wishes to you both.
Ash

Thanks for the best wishes and for the offer Ash, probably will stay away from it for a day or two though, analyse the damage etc., and as I have another car to cannibalise I should be ok parts wise, but will be posting for some needed bits no doubt, I reckon I will need new headlights as the lights on the other 5 are for left-hand drive.

John
leamyj

Postby sabik » Tue, 08 Jun 2010 7:55 +0000

Ha just like to say it was nice to put a few more faces to names yesterday.. Didn't like the way the day turned out, but glad every one is ok. Hope everone got home ok in the end and well around to tell the tail..

Stay safe all!
Glen
sabik

Postby leamyj » Tue, 08 Jun 2010 10:32 +0000

Lads, just back from my mechanic and the news is not good. We managed to get the bonnet open, it's not a pretty sight in there, but he examined the chassis structure and reckons it has been twisted, the windscreen has also been broken where the bonnet struck it, so it really does look like it's not gonna be worth the time/effort and cost of putting it back on the road, I don't believe that I would be comfortable or confident with it after seeing the damage to the chassis, so now I have to consider my options.

John
leamyj

Postby Fla » Tue, 08 Jun 2010 10:53 +0000

You gotta do whats Right John, the worst thing to happen is to not trust a car and to get the fear... Trust your instinct..
Fla

Postby mx5ash » Tue, 08 Jun 2010 11:08 +0000

Gutted for you John but like Fla said if you wouldn't trust it....
Mx5's are cheap as chips these days so may be better to cut your losses and get a new one. You might even be able to get a red one this time!!!! :wink:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3099765
"When I make a key the on position and push the button, an engine works"
mx5ash

Postby leamyj » Tue, 08 Jun 2010 11:37 +0000

mx5ash wrote:Gutted for you John but like Fla said if you wouldn't trust it....
Mx5's are cheap as chips these days so may be better to cut your losses and get a new one. You might even be able to get a red one this time!!!! :wink:

That's not the case sadly, because the car was never more red than it was at the time of the crash..ask anyone who saw it at the run..it was like new..13 hours t-cutting for nothing!
leamyj

Postby leamyj » Tue, 08 Jun 2010 11:39 +0000

Fla wrote:You gotta do whats Right John, the worst thing to happen is to not trust a car and to get the fear... Trust your instinct..

Fla, looks like there's gonna be plenty of parts before long!
leamyj

Postby barney » Wed, 09 Jun 2010 12:08 +0000

John, sorry to hear about your mishap but glad to hear yourself and Mairead are ok.
barney

Postby SADriver » Wed, 09 Jun 2010 9:40 +0000

Hey, Sorry about the late post. Been made busy yesterday. Anyway, It's a real shame again about the 5. It was looking so good too :(

Hope Mairead is feeling better. The main thing is you two are alright. :)
Never knew what fun was till I found the MX5
SADriver

Postby Fla » Wed, 09 Jun 2010 9:49 +0000

If you werent pushed about colour there is a very tidy white five for sale up by you. I needs about 2 hours work and she'll get through the NCT.. Its a 1.8 94, I was going to buy it myself and it would be only 1500 ish.... Might be worth a look if you have to go new?
Fla

Postby sundance » Wed, 09 Jun 2010 11:54 +0000

John,
So glad yourself and Mairead weren't hurt after the incident. Was a bit of a shock for us to see. Very saddened though about your car especially given that it was looking great. Unfortunate that it's in a worse state of affairs than was first thought. Saying that though, as much as we love our cars they're not the most important things in our lives and can be easily replaced. Hope to see you both again later in the summer on another run. Keep us posted!

Ger,
Many thanks for organising the run. Fantastic turn out. Lots of new faces. Not sure which run we'll be on next as we've have a few things comng up but for sure we'll be on the road again at some stage during the summer.
sundance

Postby leamyj » Wed, 09 Jun 2010 1:23 +0000

sundance wrote:John,
So glad yourself and Mairead weren't hurt after the incident. Was a bit of a shock for us to see. Very saddened though about your car especially given that it was looking great. Unfortunate that it's in a worse state of affairs than was first thought. Saying that though, as much as we love our cars they're not the most important things in our lives and can be easily replaced. Hope to see you both again later in the summer on another run. Keep us posted!

Ger,
Many thanks for organising the run. Fantastic turn out. Lots of new faces. Not sure which run we'll be on next as we've have a few things comng up but for sure we'll be on the road again at some stage during the summer.

Thanks Aimee, you did get a grandstand view of the whole thing, didn't you? Mairead does recall that you were quite upset and we hope you've recovered.
Sorry for screwing up the day, but I'm glad it was me who came a cropper and not another one of the cars coming behind me..after all it was at my suggestion that we take that route!

John
leamyj

PreviousNext

Return to Runs and tech-days