Login    Register

Wicklow Run June Bank Holiday

Planning a run or tech-day? Post the details here
  • Author
Re: Wicklow Run June Bank Holiday

Postby leamyj » Mon, 07 Jun 2010 8:33 +0000

Just ready to head off to Wicklow, overcast in Newbridge..hopefully it WILL improve :P
leamyj

Postby leamyj » Mon, 07 Jun 2010 8:38 +0000

OK , let the slagging begin..... Mairead has been let out from Naas hospital after observation, she will be sore for a few days, I'm fine, the car has been recovered.

MANY thanks for the texts and best wishes from everyone, thankfully it wasn't a particularly high speed or violent collision, the damage really looks worse than it actually is, no fluids appear to have been lost, will stick pics up later.

Particular thanks to everyone who assisted at the incident, to Ollie and Shena for transporting myself and Mairead to our respective destinations..mine was home, Mairead's was Naas General Hospital.

I will be 5-less for a while, but I'll be back!! (although whether or not Mairead is gonna travel with me remains to be seen!!! ;)

John
leamyj

Postby mx5ash » Mon, 07 Jun 2010 8:46 +0000

Jesus John what happened to you?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3099765
"When I make a key the on position and push the button, an engine works"
mx5ash

Postby anniniwa » Mon, 07 Jun 2010 8:53 +0000

Heard wat happened earlier today John...God I'm sorry but so glad to hear you are both okay which is the main thing, please pass on my get well soon wishes to Mairead and hope with the help of the forum you get your 5 back on the road soon.

Ann
anniniwa

Postby Steve » Mon, 07 Jun 2010 9:00 +0000

Sorry to hear about your mishap earlier John, great to hear you are both fine!!!

Give me a shout if I can help out in any way getting the car back on the road.
Steve
Site Admin

Postby leamyj » Mon, 07 Jun 2010 9:04 +0000

mx5ash wrote:Jesus John what happened to you?

Here's how I see it,

Left hand turn,3rd gear, power on too early, tail steps out on possibly greasy road(had another look tonight when I went back to pick up the car, lots of tree coverage with patches of wet), telegraph pole got in the way before I had it fully corrected, contact with pole at a 45 degree angle to the car body, panels/bonnet up in the air etc. I was not injured as such, but Mairead has seat belt injury, we got her to hospital just to be sure.
I'll probably feel sore tomorrow, but my pride is seriously damaged here :lol:
Thankfully there was no other vehicle or persons involved, and no serious injury encountered.

John
leamyj

Postby Lynott » Mon, 07 Jun 2010 10:15 +0000

Sorry to read of your misfortune John. Thank God ye are ok. Ta for your good wishes. Lookin' forward to catchin up with everyone. Padraig
(Had a) White 1991 MX5 1.6, (Had a) Cream Toyota Cressida DX, Have a Silver Mercedes CLK, Blue Yamaha Grizzly, Purple Renault 16TX
Lynott

Postby shenab » Mon, 07 Jun 2010 10:50 +0000

John

it was my pleasure honestly. I'd only worry anyway so it's just as well you allowed me to bring her! (and she agreed to let me)

I've never avoided so many potholes in my life .. feeling each one with your poor dear lady.

I'm really glad to hear you are all sound. Make sure she is well pampered over coming weeks.

I know we'll see you both on a run in the future.

God bless and take care

Shena

PS Lynott .. welcome back .. it's been too long. Dying to see the car.
"I am not only a pacifist but a militant pacifist. I am willing to fight for peace.
Nothing will end war unless the people themselves refuse to go to war"
- Albert Einstein
shenab

Postby tonym » Tue, 08 Jun 2010 12:04 +0000

guys and girls was great to meet u all today and im happy now that john and miread are ok ish it was very very very greasy on that bend i felt it when i tried to stop on the bend but thank god every one is ok other than that it was a great day and i cant wait for the next one
tonym

Postby CashelMX5 » Tue, 08 Jun 2010 12:22 +0000

Geez John, sorry to hear of your misfortune today but happy to know that it was not a serious as it might have been. Hurt pride is something that one can get over but serious injury, or worse, is a different story. No doubt ye'll be sore tomorrow but nothing a little pampering won't cure. Give my regards to Mairead and if there's anything I can do to help you have my number. Well done to Shena and Ollie for being the good samaratins.

Keep the faith.

Tom
CashelMX5

Postby leamyj » Tue, 08 Jun 2010 6:31 +0000

Thanks everyone for the good wishes. Just up now for work and sitting at the computer beside the window where I should be looking out at the car...jeez it's weird not seeing it in the garden :|
leamyj

Postby Fla » Tue, 08 Jun 2010 11:02 +0000

Thats shocking John, I mean we all know the risks when we go on a run (especially with our roads!) but you never think its going to be you who hits the slick patch... So glad ye're both ok, its good to know the five can handle a bang.. Is the car a right off now or can you save her??? Hope you get something sorted soon, let us know if you need anything...
Fla

Postby aquarian5 » Tue, 08 Jun 2010 12:26 +0000

John/Mairead,

Glad to hear Mairead had no major injuries after the shunt. Please send my good wishes and hope to see you both back on the road very soon.

Regards John.
1991 BRG V spec

One fella said to another.. 'I don't drink anymore'..........other fella said... 'ya but you don't drink any less either'.....
aquarian5

Postby leamyj » Tue, 08 Jun 2010 1:32 +0000

Fla wrote:Thats shocking John, I mean we all know the risks when we go on a run (especially with our roads!) but you never think its going to be you who hits the slick patch... So glad ye're both ok, its good to know the five can handle a bang.. Is the car a right off now or can you save her??? Hope you get something sorted soon, let us know if you need anything...

Thanks Fla for the good wishes.

The car?? Haven't examined it too closely yet, was just glad to get it back to base ( well near Newbridge) last night. I'm hoping to save her with parts from the LHD one I was telling you about, but I'm in no hurry . Will probably have to act as a "support" vehicle to some of the other runs planned for the Summer :mrgreen:
leamyj

Postby Fla » Tue, 08 Jun 2010 2:10 +0000

Thats great that you have the spare.. Just make sure you dont leave it too long before getting behind the wheel. If you do end up having to break one let me know and Ill buy what I can that you have spare to help with the any costs involved.. I might be in your area in the next month too so if you need a second pair of hands let me know...

I know your pain, we'll be back on the road soon...!
Fla

PreviousNext

Return to Runs and tech-days