Login    Register

The Mid-summer MX5 Madness Clare to Here Run & BBQ

Planning a run or tech-day? Post the details here
  • Author
Re: The Mid-summer MX5 Madness Clare to Here Run & BBQ

Postby TeenaG » Fri, 18 Jun 2010 11:08 +0000

shenab wrote:Sight change of plan for me. Heading down Saturday now .. but at 9:30 so if Frank is up you are all welcome to Convoy!

Usual departing point I guess .. Poitin?

S

Won't be able to make it that early I'm afraid Shena. See ya down there. :)
Climbed Elbrus, Island Peak, Kilimanjaro, Elgon, Everest BC, Mulhacen, Elgon, Kayaked the Liffey to the Nile, swam the Liffey, the Lee & packed ten triathlons into a year... catch me blogging on: http://www.teenagates.com
TeenaG

Postby shenab » Fri, 18 Jun 2010 11:46 +0000

leamyj wrote:It's just an ECU from the mk1, will have to check as to the legality of it though :mrgreen: ,
size-wise its about the size of a 200g box of milk tray chocolates!!( but not as fattening)

It's a good thing it's not a box of chocs, not sure they would survive the drive down!

This is no problem John. I'll be on the road from 9:30 so pm be details as to where you want to hook up and I'll text ya when leaving Newcastle.

Pity you aren't going to make it. I hope Mairead is feeling better.

Shena
"I am not only a pacifist but a militant pacifist. I am willing to fight for peace.
Nothing will end war unless the people themselves refuse to go to war"
- Albert Einstein
shenab

Postby leamyj » Fri, 18 Jun 2010 12:01 +0000

shenab wrote:
leamyj wrote:It's just an ECU from the mk1, will have to check as to the legality of it though :mrgreen: ,
size-wise its about the size of a 200g box of milk tray chocolates!!( but not as fattening)

It's a good thing it's not a box of chocs, not sure they would survive the drive down!

This is no problem John. I'll be on the road from 9:30 so pm be details as to where you want to hook up and I'll text ya when leaving Newcastle.

Pity you aren't going to make it. I hope Mairead is feeling better.

Shena

I haven't written off the possibility of getting down for the afternoon, Mairead and the rest are otherwise occupied for the day.As soon as you're on the road let me know and I'll arrange to meet you..probably at the curragh intersection :thumright: :thumright:
I have a few jobs to do on Saturday and if I get them out of the way by 11:30 or thereabouts then I'll make tracks for Killaloe, it's not too far now anyway what with the motorways.
Mairead's fine, her doctor has ruled out whiplash, so that parachute jump is back on the agenda!!!

John
leamyj

Postby Fla » Fri, 18 Jun 2010 12:07 +0000

Looks like I may not be able to go now :( .. Went to start the car last night to do an oil change and finalise all the works we were doing and she wouldn't start. It was starting perfect last week. She's not sparking or pulling petrol. Ripped out the ECU and it may be fecked... Everytime Im nearly there something else gives up :(
Fla
---I'm back----
Fla

Postby anniniwa » Fri, 18 Jun 2010 7:55 +0000

Ah Fla, come up in ur other car...a good day is promised tom and even better evening all going well! anyways we need someone to stand over the bbq and Kay wants her flowers!!
anniniwa

Postby Steve » Fri, 18 Jun 2010 8:42 +0000

checked fuses fla?
Steve
Site Admin

Postby Fla » Fri, 18 Jun 2010 11:29 +0000

Aww Ann thanks hun but my other car is a LWB Pajero...!! They are super comfortable but you cant throw them around so much!

Steve, ya fuses look fine, I pulled out the ECU, it was covered in runst. Opened it up and its oxidised inside for about an inch where the connectors are, all the contacts etc are mank. Wont know till Monday if its def that though...
Fla
---I'm back----
Fla

Postby anniniwa » Fri, 18 Jun 2010 11:51 +0000

jsut a bbq and waterskiing etc tomorrow so no cars gonna be thrown around, run not until Sunday so now there is no excuse!
anniniwa

Postby pk10 » Sat, 19 Jun 2010 12:25 +0000

Come on Fla, I'll even forgo the flowers (just in case that is an issue!) :wink:
pk10

Postby leamyj » Sat, 19 Jun 2010 11:03 +0000

Just arrived home from a great day-trip, Mike, how did you organise the weather?? Thanks to everyone for a truly good time, the speedboat drifting on the lake was good craic, masterchef Will played a stormer on the bbq, the mx5 ladies were SO charming ( as always). I counted 13 cars at one point and I believe there's more to join tonight and tomorrow?..Hope it stays good for ye all!! Enjoy the rest of the party!!
By the way, had to leave before the water skiing got fully active..how did it go??

John ( and co-pilot Kevin)
leamyj

Postby Paschal » Sun, 20 Jun 2010 12:31 +0000

Sounds like a great weekend, cannot make it, just back from 2 weeks in Europe (see other post), so just too much to do around here. Enjoy Paschal
Paschal

Postby Steve » Sun, 20 Jun 2010 4:37 +0000

Thanks a mill for the day/night it was great! Look forward to doing it again!!
Tired and sore now ;-)

Have created a new thread here for pics :
http://mx5ireland.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 116#p30116
Steve
Site Admin

Postby shenab » Mon, 21 Jun 2010 10:01 +0000

Well not much running but certainly lots of madness going on!

What a brill weekend. Mega thanks to Mike and Ann host and hostess with the mostess of course!

The site was amazing, the weather gods smiled at us, the food was great, drink a plenty and what can I say about the company .. you're awesome!

Fla, I think I can finally say, there were more women than men for the first time ever .. you missed it mate!

Great to FINALLY meet Gill and her sister Lorna - sorry we lost you yesterday morning, hope your drive back was safe. Pop over and say hi when you are driving on the better side of the N7 some day! (Steve you are going to have to get Gill on the site so she can read this!)

Also a first meet for me was Kay .. and totally awesome lady and a big addition to the gang of mad women we are :D

Lots of other newbies who is was great to meet up with of course, you are all a very welcome addition to the crew and I'm just sorry we didn't get to have that spin on the Sunday! Sore heads an all!

Here's to Donegal!!

S
"I am not only a pacifist but a militant pacifist. I am willing to fight for peace.
Nothing will end war unless the people themselves refuse to go to war"
- Albert Einstein
shenab

Postby Coleslawsome » Mon, 21 Jun 2010 10:53 +0000

Thanks for a wonderful time, everyone! Special thanks to Frank and co. for letting me pass out on their couch. Chalk one up for sunstroke, I guess.

(Well, sunstroke and alcohol.)

Quite bummed out there aren't any pictures from this weekend of Steve in his wetsuit, by the way.
Coleslawsome

Postby Steve » Mon, 21 Jun 2010 11:09 +0000

LOL .. and if you did.. please keep them to yourself .. :-)
The lesson for the day was :
Never ever (ever) borrow a wet suit from someone smaller than you.
Steve
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Runs and tech-days