Login    Register

Balbriggan Formulafun Sunday 24th July. Classic car parade.

Planning a run or tech-day? Post the details here
  • Author
Balbriggan Formulafun Sunday 24th July. Classic car parade.

Postby Steve » Wed, 20 Jul 2011 6:15 +0000

In the late 60s and early 70s,Soap Box car racing was an annual event in the town of Balbriggan.

We are trying to create those magical memories once again by having a pedal car race through the town on Sunday 24th July starting at 2pm.

So to celebrate this unique event there will be a classic car parade through the town starting at 1pm.
There will be parking facilities for all cars that are participating in the main car park, where the owners will be able to display their cars

There will be local arts / crafts and food to go stalls from the local farmers market.
See www.balbrigganformulafun.com for further details.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As an extra add on, and without any obligation whatsoever…

The following is a proposed itinerary for car owners and for anyone who may be interested.
Arrive at Xtreme Outdoors Activities Centre Court Lough Balbriggan at 9.30 am to participate in events of your choice, see www.extreme.ie for further details.

Depart Xtreme a11.30 am for a short drive to Ardgillian Castle Balbriggan for a tour of the house and gardens with tea and coffee.

Depart Ardgillian Castle at 12.30 to arrive in Balbriggan Church car park to participate in the parade at 1 pm.
The cars will also participate in other drives through the town during the various stages of the pedal car racing.

At 5.30 pm approximately there will be a short drive to Clarke’s Famous Strawberry Farm where you can sample the delights of Fresh Irish produce with tea and coffee.

If I can get a rough idea of how many people who may be interested in the Xtreme Outdoor Centre, I will try and get a group price on the various packages that are available.
If there is anything that you may wish to add to this itinerary, please let me know and I will try and arrange it.
Thank you
Michael Grimes
Email mltgrimes@gmail.com

Steve
Site Admin

Re: Balbriggan Formulafun Sunday 24th July. Classic car para

Postby leamyj » Wed, 20 Jul 2011 7:40 +0000

Very short notice, working Sunday anyhow.

John
leamyj

Re: Balbriggan Formulafun Sunday 24th July. Classic car para

Postby sidewaysreilly » Thu, 21 Jul 2011 4:52 +0000

anyone interested
The perfection of a Car's beauty is that nothing should be there for beauty's sake.
sidewaysreilly

Return to Runs and tech-days