Login    Register

Could be a runner...

Planning a run or tech-day? Post the details here
  • Author
Re: Could be a runner...

Postby TeenaG » Tue, 24 Jul 2012 10:23 +0000

I'm doing my first triathlon in Kilkenny at the weekend Frank, and the following weekend's the bank holiday. But I'm not turning down an offer like that. If I swung past some evening next week, could you just have a listen to it and see what you think?
Climbed Elbrus, Island Peak, Kilimanjaro, Elgon, Everest BC, Mulhacen, Elgon, Kayaked the Liffey to the Nile, swam the Liffey, the Lee & packed ten triathlons into a year... catch me blogging on: http://www.teenagates.com
TeenaG

Postby sidewaysreilly » Tue, 24 Jul 2012 10:26 +0000

Have a compression tester here and it may be a good starting point to take a set of readings.
The perfection of a Car's beauty is that nothing should be there for beauty's sake.
sidewaysreilly

Postby Fergus » Wed, 25 Jul 2012 1:46 +0000

I'd take Franks advice & let him go take a look 8)
Get some Figrolls as well as I think I heard before that he likes them (I could be wrong though) :mrgreen:
This engine is NOT dead like the 'monkeys' are saying.

(edit) bring a timing light and if it's jumping all back and forth then it's the Woodruff Key :wink:
Fergus

Postby CashelMX5 » Mon, 30 Jul 2012 10:35 +0000

TeenaG wrote:I'm doing my first triathlon in Kilkenny at the weekend Frank, and the following weekend's the bank holiday. But I'm not turning down an offer like that. If I swung past some evening next week, could you just have a listen to it and see what you think?

Geez Tina,

Is there no stoppin ya! Best if luck - I tried one once and that was enough for me :oops:
CashelMX5

Postby Merlot man » Tue, 31 Jul 2012 10:44 +0000

franksm wrote:If the cat's gone, the internals will be rattling and blocking the exhaust resulting in extreme lack of power and all manner of weird noises.

If the air filter is bad, it'll be choking the engine causing starting problems and general driveability issues.

If you want to drop over at the weekend, Teena, I'd be glad to take a look.

That sounds like a great idea ,am I right in saying that a car of that vintage wont need a cat cat bypass pipe from mx5 parts .Makes sense to check simple things first, as we know these engines are very reliable for the most part.
Good luck
Brian
]96 na Merlot edition. sold
99 nb 10th anniversary
93 na s ltd
Merlot man

Postby TeenaG » Tue, 31 Jul 2012 8:56 +0000

franksm wrote:If the cat's gone, the internals will be rattling and blocking the exhaust resulting in extreme lack of power and all manner of weird noises.

If the air filter is bad, it'll be choking the engine causing starting problems and general driveability issues.

If you want to drop over at the weekend, Teena, I'd be glad to take a look.

Are you around tomorrow evening Frank?
Climbed Elbrus, Island Peak, Kilimanjaro, Elgon, Everest BC, Mulhacen, Elgon, Kayaked the Liffey to the Nile, swam the Liffey, the Lee & packed ten triathlons into a year... catch me blogging on: http://www.teenagates.com
TeenaG

Previous

Return to Runs and tech-days