Login    Register

Last minute madness...

Planning a run or tech-day? Post the details here
  • Author
Last minute madness...

Postby leamyj » Mon, 06 May 2013 1:49 +0000

Met with Derek (chopperdog) and Dave ( bert1150) at the track day in mondello this morning, only decided last night to do the event. Maybe I shudda stayed at home and cut the grass.. I picked up a puncture during the 2nd last lap of the morning session :cry: , the one and only rock that made it's way onto the circuit all morning, decided to attack my rear left tyre..mind you, it's hard to avoid it when it's directly in the centre of a corner at which point the car is drifting at about 60mph..didn't realise I had any damage for about half a lap when the back end started acting real funny..looks like the rim has been dented also..ah well, I've seen a lot worse things happen to cars at this event...Drove home on the space saver..not a good look :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ( I was being towed earlier as the car is not taxed, but the cable snapped..sorry Officer... :? )

John
leamyj

Re: Last minute madness...

Postby Bert1150 » Mon, 06 May 2013 9:01 +0000

Hey john,

Good to see you today, glad to hear you got home ok

Dave

Ps: say thanks to young Dave for helping me pack up
Bert1150

Postby leamyj » Mon, 06 May 2013 11:37 +0000

Bert1150 wrote:Hey john,

Dave

Haha, I thought he was leaving the same time as me and I was sitting at home with the kettle boiled waiting for him, turns out he decided to stay for the afternoon session..how was it in the afternoon anyway? was it as manic as the morning session? BTW, you've got that car motoring at a fair rate..I was hard set to keep up with you, but then again you've got the 1.8. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: These track days are bloody addictive, aren't they? Hopefully I'll make the next one 8)

John
leamyj

Postby Dave5300 » Tue, 07 May 2013 1:39 +0000

Your more than welcome dave, hope to see more 5s out on the june bank holiday! Fingers crossed we will get the same weather as today! Better have fresh rubber on for that john, the space savers not the best look for the track! :-)
Dave5300

Postby leamyj » Tue, 07 May 2013 7:02 +0000

Dave5300 wrote:Your more than welcome dave, hope to see more 5s out on the june bank holiday! Fingers crossed we will get the same weather as today! Better have fresh rubber on for that john, the space savers not the best look for the track! :-)

Hahaha, there's no way you'd get past that big fella at the end of the pit lane if you had a space saver on anyway!!
leamyj

Postby Bert1150 » Tue, 07 May 2013 5:42 +0000

leamyj wrote:
Bert1150 wrote:Hey john,

Dave

Haha, I thought he was leaving the same time as me and I was sitting at home with the kettle boiled waiting for him, turns out he decided to stay for the afternoon session..how was it in the afternoon anyway? was it as manic as the morning session? BTW, you've got that car motoring at a fair rate..I was hard set to keep up with you, but then again you've got the 1.8. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: These track days are bloody addictive, aren't they? Hopefully I'll make the next one 8)

John

Thanks John, Afternoon session was busy at thee start and by around 16:00 we had very little traffic, of the honda's decided to dump all its oil, so we called it a day before something got damaged. Loving these track days, only second time at one so learning curve is steep. :lol:
Bert1150

Postby Bert1150 » Tue, 07 May 2013 5:44 +0000

Dave5300 wrote:Your more than welcome dave, hope to see more 5s out on the june bank holiday! Fingers crossed we will get the same weather as today! Better have fresh rubber on for that john, the space savers not the best look for the track! :-)

Looking forward to it, i don't think a space saver would slow john down !!

He was moving :P
Bert1150

Postby Dave5300 » Wed, 08 May 2013 12:26 +0000

Bert1150 wrote:

Looking forward to it, i don't think a space saver would slow john down !!

He was moving :P

I think john might be getting the track day bug aswel! Roll on june! :mrgreen:
Dave5300

Return to Runs and tech-days