Login    Register

It's ON.. The GREAT Kildare/ Wicklow run

Planning a run or tech-day? Post the details here
  • Author
Postby leamyj » Sun, 25 May 2008 6:54 +0000

Well, what a day!!

I see my son has already posted photos, working on videos at moment..watch this space.

A big thank you to all who participated.. you know who you are.

Looking forward to Waterford next month.

I hope everyone gets home safely. Indeed , many of you will still be in transit as I type this.

Must do similar again next year :D

John
leamyj

Postby MX5Steve » Sun, 25 May 2008 8:25 +0000

wow looks like some turn out!, roll on more pics
MX5Steve

Postby mx5ash » Sun, 25 May 2008 9:00 +0000

Not that long back, Had a great day weather held out right up until i was 5 miles from home.
Good to meet some new faces and catch up with the old ones.
I'm just uploading some pics now but i didn't take that many to be honest as i was to busy enjoying driving the 5. :lol:
I'll stick up a thread in a minute with the pics.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3099765
"When I make a key the on position and push the button, an engine works"
mx5ash

Postby Stig » Sun, 25 May 2008 9:30 +0000

Gents!

Home a bit now - a word of Thanks to John for organising a top day behind the wheel of our favourite motors with good friends!
God, i got sunburnt, my forehead is sore - wind burnt i'd say. :oops:

I have my 5 tucked away in the garage now..........i had an admiring look at her before closing the door.........she's brilliant is my wee car!
It was nice to see the mk3 there and lovely to behold the wonder of the folding metal roof.............. :wink: - it was good to meet new faces like Mrges, Olly (eile), Fergal, Lynott, Ivan, Robin, -and all the usual suspects - infact everyone!

I swas thinking on the way home about the potentiual of a MIDLANDS meet later in the summer.....maybe late Aug - ishhhhh

Portlaoise/kinnity/birr/down towards and including Kilkenny?
Just planting the seed folks....hmmmmmm, thoughts please.

Rgds for now,

Ollie.
Stig

Postby Fergus » Sun, 25 May 2008 10:11 +0000

[quote=
I see my son has already posted photos, working on videos at moment..watch this space.
[/quote]

Upload them to YouTube and paste in a link.
Fergus

Postby leamyj » Sun, 25 May 2008 10:12 +0000

Go for it Ollie, someone is bound to turn up :D

John
leamyj

Postby leamyj » Sun, 25 May 2008 10:14 +0000

Fergus wrote:[quote=

Upload them to YouTube and paste in a link.[/quote]

Should do later..... Son's out at moment..

John
leamyj

Postby mrges » Sun, 25 May 2008 10:25 +0000

Evening all,

Had a clear run home after a fantastic day spent driving round Kildare/Wicklow with a great bunch of MX5-ers (not to mention Porsche and Stag drivers!!!). A great route, John....many thanks.

It was great to put names/faces (and voices!) to the signatures on the forum. I have some pictures to upload later (I tried, but have forgotten my login details to photobucket!). Like you, Ash, I don't have too many as I was too busy having fun driving the 5.

mrges
mrges

Postby mx5ash » Sun, 25 May 2008 10:29 +0000

I put up a new thread for photos of the run guys
Add your pics

http://mx5ireland.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... highlight=

Get a thread started for the run ollie sounds good to me
Just check dates that John c isn't available for cause if another run is organized for a date hes away the poor guy will start to think we don't like him.
:lol:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3099765
"When I make a key the on position and push the button, an engine works"
mx5ash

Postby S.T.E.L.L.A » Sun, 25 May 2008 10:37 +0000

Hiya Guys,

Just wanted to say that I had a great day meeting you all. Sorry if I forgot all your names but thats newbies for yer. Highlights for me (apart from the driving) was the sound of the stag exhaust and the best spoiler i have ever seen on mrges Mk3!.

Thanks to John for organising the day (Mondello Park was a fantastic extra bonus) and cheers to tigger for not rearending me on the bridge :lol: :wink:

I have been home nearly 5hrs now and I am still grinning! Anyway, off to nurse my sun/wind burnt head so hopefully catch up with you guys later or in the wicklow hills during the summer.

Other Ollie, i wont be able to make the waterford trip in june but if you are planning a midlands run in August then i will be interested so let me know.

Tata
Olly
S.T.E.L.L.A

Thanks

Postby robmx5 » Mon, 26 May 2008 8:30 +0000

Fair play John - I had a great day. This was the longest run for my 5 since I bought it - as it usually just drives me a couple of miles to work every day (with the top down - though). It was a brilliant route and a great idea to add in Mondello (enjoyed the somersaulting motorcyclists) - love to do it again in 2009. Also great to put faces to names and meet the newbies - great bunch of people - will add my photos when I get a chance. Just an idea but maybe it would be an idea to add in a motor museum on some of the runs - those that I know of :-

Clonmel - maybe possible to do on Waterford run
One near Athlone - maybe on the Midlands run

Thanks again

Robin (10AE)
robmx5

Postby mrges » Tue, 27 May 2008 10:04 +0000

On the topic of "museums", if John's proposed run to Northern Ireland takes shape maybe we should consider a stop at the Folk and Transport museum - they have a number of cars on show. A number of clubs use this as a "meet", or stop-off, for their runs.

In fact.....this run could be extended slightly, with a detour from Newry along the coast to Strangford - across on the ferry to Portaferry and drive up the Pennisula through Newtownards, along Bangor seafront and then into the museum en route to Belfast before turning right and onto the Motorway, past Jordanstown (do you remember it well Frank!!!?) and up the coast........

From site
Road Transport
This unique collection includes bicycles, motorcycles, trams, buses, fire engines and cars. Belfast street scenes and a 'mods and rockers' themed café are all featured in what is a ‘back from the future’ experience.

Maybe the first or second weekend in September - Just a thought.....

mrges
mrges

Previous

Return to Runs and tech-days