Login    Register

Midlands meet (maybe early august sometime) ???

Planning a run or tech-day? Post the details here
  • Author
Midlands meet (maybe early august sometime) ???

Postby Stig » Mon, 26 May 2008 10:53 +0000

Hey all,

Well - all the runs so far were brill this year.............so,

I'd like to share with you all the magnificence of the midlands of Ireland.........the beauty and splendor of the countryside and the loose gravel on the roads...! :lol:

So, with all of this in mind, please post your NAY or YAY for the Idea of a midlands meet and if its a YEY - please post a date you are free (a Sunday) in early August. Especially John Cheatley - we missed you yesterday with your 80's music blasting from the 5'..! :D

I’m thinking meet in Portlaoise (easy to get to from all angles),
Then head up the cut (slieve blooms) and down into Kinnity) - then head for North Tipp and across to Kilkenny city maybe?
Or the trip vice versa..............

Thoughts/ideas/inspiration please.

Rgds,

O.
Stig

Postby leamyj » Mon, 26 May 2008 2:10 +0000

I won't suggest a date, but put me down for whatever...the only thing I need is as much notice as possible
The only possible drawback is Summer holidays in middle two weeks:D

John
leamyj

Re: Midlands meet (maybe early august sometime) ???

Postby aquarian5 » Mon, 26 May 2008 5:21 +0000

Ollie Brady wrote:Hey all,

Well - all the runs so far were brill this year.............so,

I'd like to share with you all the magnificence of the midlands of Ireland.........the beauty and splendor of the countryside and the loose gravel on the roads...! :lol:

So, with all of this in mind, please post your NAY or YAY for the Idea of a midlands meet and if its a YEY - please post a date you are free (a Sunday) in early August. Especially John Cheatley - we missed you yesterday with your 80's music blasting from the 5'..! :D

I’m thinking meet in Portlaoise (easy to get to from all angles),
Then head up the cut (slieve blooms) and down into Kinnity) - then head for North Tipp and across to Kilkenny city maybe?
Or the trip vice versa..............

Thoughts/ideas/inspiration please.

Rgds,

O.

HA Ha Ollie !! :lol: ...I resemble that remark.............. :wink: :wink:
80 s....Nay nay and thrice nay i say...... :D :D

Sorry I missed the run, looks likes ye had a fab again and some great pics too.
Alas I was over in Cardiff watching Munster winning the Heinekin Cup (again), and drinking copious amounts of Vitamin G....and my vocal chords are sh*gged totally.

Anyway yes I would be interested in another run in August but not the Bank Holiday weekend BTW....

I am still thinking of doing the Carlingford run again taking in the Antrim Coast area in September sometime so ALL of you keep that in mind too.

It would be great to keep the momentum going now that we have swelled our numbers greatly.
Great to see the new members enjoy the runs and regards to you all.

See you on the next run(after Waterford)....cant make that one either :(

John.
aquarian5

Postby Lynott » Mon, 26 May 2008 5:56 +0000

Great meeting you on Sunday Ollie. Yeah, any Sunday in August suits me at the moment. The boys (will) be back in town !! I'm hoping to get the V5 this week and VRT her before the big changes in July. Are you going to leave UK plates on yours?
Lynott

Postby mx5ash » Mon, 26 May 2008 6:08 +0000

Don't think the changes in july will have any bearing on old cars. Any registered in another country prior to jan 08 will remain on the old taxation system as they won't have data for emissions to do it any other way.

Back on topic
I to would be up for a spin date dependant. But hey you can't please all the people all the time................................ or John c,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ever. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3099765
"When I make a key the on position and push the button, an engine works"
mx5ash

Postby Stig » Mon, 26 May 2008 6:15 +0000

Ash is correct.........it'll only be an extra 2% (32% as opposed to 30%) on the open market selling price on the car if you leave it till after july 1st.........on a olde yoke - shure ya wound'nt miss it!
:roll:

ok Ash re; the run.......i'll leave the tread up for a bit and we'll try and hammer out a sunday date in august that we can try and all agree to in a while.
I'm looking forward to your run in Waterford!
Stig

Postby MX-Tony » Mon, 26 May 2008 7:43 +0000

Yea stick me down for this.

Reaaly enjoyed yesterday even though i left just before we hit wickla
but priority's called..dam woman..

but i'll be at the next one for the whole thing so it's a YAY
MX-Tony

Ya

Postby robmx5 » Mon, 26 May 2008 8:21 +0000

Yes - defo interested in a Midlands run and John a run up to Carlingford, Down and Antrim sounds good to.

Robin
robmx5

Postby Ivan » Tue, 27 May 2008 10:02 +0000

mx5ash wrote:Don't think the changes in july will have any bearing on old cars. Any registered in another country prior to jan 08 will remain on the old taxation system as they won't have data for emissions to do it any other way.

:

If they don't have data for emissions it will automaticaly go to the highest rate.

It will be 2,000 tax per year for an mx5 if you bring one in after july.

The sports car is dead.....
Ivan

Postby mx5ash » Tue, 27 May 2008 12:26 +0000

Tax
Cars registered before 1 January 2008 will continue to pay motor tax on the basis of engine size. New cars registered between 1 January 2008 and 30 June 2008 will initially have their motor tax charged on the basis of engine size. If it is beneficial for these cars to switch to the CO2 based motor tax system, this will happen on the first renewal of motor tax after 1 July 2008. New cars which are registered in the first 6 months of 2008 whose tax would be more under the CO2 based system will continue to pay motor tax on the basis of engine size. The new CO2 based system will not apply to second-hand imports that were registered abroad prior to 2008.

From http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categ ... _tax_rates

???

And vrt
Imported Second-Hand Vehicles

When an imported second-hand vehicle is presented for registration, the levels of CO2 emissions at the time of manufacture must be declared to Revenue on form VRT4 (the form used by an individual to register a second hand car).

If the vehicle originated within the EU, the declaration must be supported by documentary evidence confirming the level of CO2 emissions of the vehicle to the satisfaction of Revenue.

Revenue will accept a range of documentation for this purpose. Among the documents deemed satisfactory at present are:

* the Certificate of Conformity (if it is available),
* a printout from the Revenue ROS Enquiry System where the level of CO2 emissions is shown www.ros.ie Opens in a new window
* evidence included on a previous registration document e.g. the UK V5,
* the level of CO2 emissions stated on a previous National Car Test performed elsewhere within the EU provided the CO2 stated is that given at the time of manufacture,
* A print out for the vehicle from the DVLA Opens in a new window (Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency) web site, www.vehiclelicence.gov.uk Opens in a new window
* A printout from the VCA Opens in a new window (Vehicle Certification Agency) web site
* A printout from the SEI Opens in a new window (Sustainable Energy Ireland) website
* A certificate from the manufacturer or main distributor stating the level of CO2 emissions.

If the vehicle originated in Japan, documentary evidence of the level of CO2 emissions will also be required.

The following documentation must be presented with the VRT4:

* Japanese Export Certificates or Japanese Certificates of Cancellation of Motor Vehicle Registration,
* a printout from the Japanese Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport showing the level of CO2 emissions for the model on the certificate

Revenue are currently reviewing the additional documentation that may be required for vehicles imported from other non EU States e.g. Singapore and the United States.

From http://www.revenue.ie/index.htm?/leafle ... regime.htm

mx5ash

Postby Stig » Tue, 27 May 2008 12:53 +0000

[quote="Ivan"][quote="mx5ash"]Don't think the changes in july will have any bearing on old cars. Any registered in another country prior to jan 08 will remain on the old taxation system as they won't have data for emissions to do it any other way.

:[/quote]

If they don't have data for emissions it will automaticaly go to the highest rate.

It will be 2,000 tax per year for an mx5 if you bring one in after july.

The sports car is dead.....[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up on the ivan.........and also for the info Ash.
indeed - the greens .........what a mess they are creating in the economy with their aspirations for a green world. Property is dead, car sales is dead.....and so too is the sports car. :shock:
Stig

Postby mx5ash » Tue, 27 May 2008 1:27 +0000

I still disagree re the 2000 tax. if you read the first highlighted part it says that anything registered abroad before 08 will not be included in the new system for taxation and will remain on the engine size scheme just like all the mx5's and every other old car on the road.
The vrt will be changing by the looks of it and if you can prove the emissions at the date of manufacture then it will be based on that, (a 2005 1.8 mx5 is down as 174g/km which would fall in the 28% bracket) now weather or not an older car would have had a similar amount when new i don't know.
Even if it went to the next bracket which would allow up to 225g/km it would still only be 32%
Under the old scheme it would have come in at 25%, so best to get it vrt'd before july as it will save you a bit of hassle and probably some monies, but it won't matter to your tax as far as i can tell.

mx5ash

Postby Ivan » Tue, 27 May 2008 1:37 +0000

[quote="mx5ash"]I still disagree re the 2000 tax. if you read the first highlighted part it says that anything registered abroad before 08 will not be included in the new system for taxation and will remain on the engine size scheme just like all the mx5's and every other old car on the road.
quote]

I don't understand what you are saying here.
registered abroad?

Any car brought into Ireland new or used after july will be subject to the co2 rates.

An old mx 1990 up to 1995 or 1996 does not have c02 rate therefore it will be on the highest rate, as all old cars will be.
Ivan

Postby Ivan » Tue, 27 May 2008 1:43 +0000

sorry ollie we hijacked your post maybe we should start a new one for vrt and them greens
Ivan

Postby Steve » Tue, 27 May 2008 2:20 +0000

Ivan wrote:
mx5ash wrote:I still disagree re the 2000 tax. if you read the first highlighted part it says that anything registered abroad before 08 will not be included in the new system for taxation and will remain on the engine size scheme just like all the mx5's and every other old car on the road.
quote]

I don't understand what you are saying here.
registered abroad?

Any car brought into Ireland new or used after july will be subject to the co2 rates.

An old mx 1990 up to 1995 or 1996 does not have c02 rate therefore it will be on the highest rate, as all old cars will be.

I guess they mean if the car was registered in Japan in Aug '08 and you imported it in Oct '08 ...
I was under the impression that it won't apply to older cars?
Steve
Steve
Site Admin

Next

Return to Runs and tech-days