Login    Register

Change wiper mechanism on Mark 2

Need help or advice fitting or fixing something
  • Author
Change wiper mechanism on Mark 2

Postby Bobby75 » Sun, 09 Sep 2012 2:48 +0000

Hey gang,

It comes as a shock that something is not actually working on my fab MX5.
Own this navy blue 80K 00 since April 2011. 1.6 that comes into it's own when the revs climb.
I believe the wiper mechanism is done for as the arm from motor to centre section is worn and pops off.
Autolink sent me a complete replacement; two drive arms and linkages to my door in Dublin for 43 pounds.
They say that it is best to replace the lot. Price was good so I went for it.
I can't get the old mech out though. Any advice? With thanks, Bobby :)
Bobby75

Re: Change wiper mechanism on Mark 2

Postby MX5Spares » Sun, 09 Sep 2012 4:25 +0000

Pity you did,nt call me first,we have full linkage and motors but it,s very easy to fit linkage and or motor.To fit new linkage just pop off balljoint fittings with large screwdriver or similar,remove wiper arms x 2 and remove plastic scuttle panel,(black plastic panel below the windscreen)which is held on by about 6 screws covered by black plastic caps.Pop off the rest of the linkage and remove the 2 x 10mm nuts on each spindle.Very easy and the motor is held on by 4 x 10mm bolts if you need to change that as they seem to wear out over the years causing the wipers to slow down and not have sufficient power to moved across windscreen Any queries cal me 086 8226506.Thanks Robert.Autocheck Dublin
MX5Spares

Return to How do I....