Login    Register

Sub

In car entertainment
  • Author
Sub

Postby mx5isola » Fri, 22 Feb 2008 10:38 +0000

Hello...

I have a 12" sub in my fiesta that i wanna keep...will it fit in the boot? Also, how easy is it to put my component speakers in not sure where id put the tweeters!
Nicole

Bye Bye Fiesta....Helloooo MX5!!
mx5isola

sub

Postby mx5ideways » Fri, 29 Feb 2008 2:40 +0000

you could keep your sub no problem,just get a good carpenter to make you a sub box that wil fit your boot,you could even fit it behind the seats too on the shelf as long as its an (open air sub)-works better if theres alot of air around it,you could fit your tweeters anywhere around the front of the car or the doors.
1990 Eunos Roadster 1.6: cusco coilovers, carbing front and rear strut braces, 1.8 brakes, performance engine and diff mounts, stage 2 cerametalic 6 puck 1.8 clutch with lightweight JUN 1.8 flywheel, 1.8 LSD, GReddy manifold, Garrett T25 turbo, ARTech down pipe, E-Manage blue ecu, Altezza injectors, FMIC. Zoom engineering center console, carbon fibre bonnet, garage vary front lip, lightweight garage hundred one hardtop, carbing 6 pt cage.
1999 mx5 1.8 RS: XYZ drift spec Coilovers, reversed Ssr dori dori mesh wheels, wide arches, custom bonnet with s15 vent, rx8 spoiler, carbon rx7 sideskirts, full Arc induction kit, heated electric leather rx8 seats.
mx5ideways

Postby sandyland » Fri, 29 Feb 2008 2:11 +0000

This is the set up that I did have in my mk 1 for a while. It was a 10inch JL and to be honest a real good set of 3way front speakers like the ones from FOCAL and some Dynamat in the doors do produce a better sound and nearly the same bass as adding a sub.
With the sub I noticed that over 90km/hr it was not very effective but when stopped in traffic it really could be heard!

I took my sub out as I found the car not to be as sharp thru the twisty stuff as it should be :wink:

This is what my boot did look like:

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj28 ... C01431.jpg
If its not broken, I havent fixed it!!
sandyland

Return to I.C.E