Login    Register
  • Author
1.6 Lightened flywheel and 6-puck paddle clutch (now gone)

Postby [L'e$kro] » Thu, 02 Oct 2014 10:08 +0000

EDIT:

As had no interest here, is now gone to France..
Thanks!

Hello:
I'd like to sell my clutch disc and matching flywheel for a 1.6 MK1

The flywheel is a 1.6 one. It's lighter than a MK2 one as standard, and all the metal lip at the back was machined down to save weight. I can put it on the kitchen scale while the GF is away, if you insist.

ImageImage

0.3mm was also removed from the front face where the mechanism rests, to improve clamping force.

The flywheel wasn't balanced after machining, but I had it on my car and it didn't increase vibrations at all.

The clutch disc is a 6 puck XTD sprung disc.
It hardly has any miles on it, I had it on for a month or 2 before the release bearing exploded and took the clutch mechanism with it, and decided to upgrade to a 1.8 setup while the gearbox was out.

All you need is to reuse your standard 1.6 pressure plate.
Using the standard pressure plate the clutch remains very easy to operate, yet will take more torque than with a standard organic disc.
It wasn't slipping with 13psi of boost (over 200hp I'd say), unless I was flat shifting (foot down between gears)

This setup gives a bit of judder when taking off, like most paddle clutch cera-metallic discs
My car is my daily and I drive mostly in traffic, and I really don't mind, it takes a few days to get used to it.

The disc will need a bit of cleaning, I was out of brake cleaner when I took the picture :D

Would make a good upgrade for a drift car and/or a turbocharged car..

Price: 150€ for the lot
Available in Cork City
Last edited by [L'e$kro] on Sat, 10 Jan 2015 9:33 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
[L'e$kro]

Re: 1.6 Lightened flywheel and 6-puck paddle clutch

Postby [L'e$kro] » Mon, 13 Oct 2014 11:42 +0000

BUMP!
[L'e$kro]

Return to For sale