Login    Register
  • Author
Chassis Frame Rails and Butterfly Braces (also as upgrade)

Postby whisper » Thu, 10 Nov 2016 11:47 +0000

Hi,

I'd like to offer you our high quality frame rails and also butterfly braces - the only ones made in Europe. These were originally developed by me and my friend for our local community in Slovakia, but we got large interest also abroad. So we did a second run to make this excellent performance upgrade available also for you and I hope you'll enjoy it as much as we do. We utilise lots of clever design choices which make manufacturing more expensive, but have an impact on rigidity (e.g. bent edges on both sides, triangular bottom cut-outs instead of round ones). We make them from proper stainless steel, not the Chinese butter often imported to compete with European steel because of lower price.

The best way to understand importance of frame rails on your car is to experience the difference after you install them. On a 10-15 year old car the chassis flex is significant not only because of 90's design, but also as the age has taken it's toll. I highly recommend everyone to get a set of frame rails for their MX5 - even if not the ones I offer (although I believe these are superior, but it's up to everyone's decision). I guarantee the difference will be noticeable - and even more if you run harder shocks and springs.

1. Frame rails:
transforms the way your car handles
bent on the ends to provide extra stiffness in comparison with rails without it
rails are longer design to support maximum possible area (same as current FM ones)
including 3 braces for brake lines
rails are prepared for butterfly brace installation
thickness 2 mm
weight: 8 kg
material is stainless steel EN 1.4301 / AISI 304
installation guide included
all fixings included (stainless steel)

Price for set of frame rails is €149 including fixings. Delivery to Ireland by express courier €29, by regular post €10.

2. Butterfly braces - standalone to fit any rails:
without mounting holes to fit your existing rails
35 mm height-adjustable for different exhaust types
thickness 2 mm
weight: 7 kg

Price for butterfly brace is €235 including fixings. Delivery to Ireland by express courier €29, by regular post €10.

3. Frame rails and butterfly brace combo:
super rigid brace combo for ultimate stiffness
rails and their "wings" are one piece = stiffer than having separate rails and middle brace
35 mm height-adjustable for different exhaust
thickness 2 mm
weight: 14 kg

Price for butterfly brace is €349 including fixings. Delivery to Ireland by express courier €29 (not possible by post).

Photos are in my second post. Reference from BOFI racing: http://bofiracing.co.uk/blog/mx5-frame- ... ull-story/
If you are interested, please send me a message and I will provide you payment details and answer your questions should you have any.
[/color]Image
whisper

Return to For sale