Login    Register
  • Author
STEERING WHEEL SPACER FOR OEM STEERING WHEEL NB NC ND WITH A

Postby GiacomoRS » Tue, 29 Aug 2017 11:53 +0000

Hello,

I'm selling a custom made kit that makes the steering wheel come 2" (5cm) closer to the driver, mantanining the airbag, horn and steering wheel commands working without issues or warning lights. The final effect is the same as fitting an aftermarket steering wheel, but you will preserve OEM look and safety.

It's a must for 6ft + (1,80m +) drivers, which can now hold the steering wheel in the correct position without driving with over-bent knees, moving the seat backward and gain room for the legs. No more hitting the column while driving, better action on brake and clutch pedals.

It's made in 2 parts: black anodized aluminium female splined hub, to be fitted on the steering column, and a bolt-on steel made male splined hub that replace the steering column 2" closer to you, on which fit the OEM steering wheel.

The aluminium part works as a shroud too, and has slots inside that allows airbag wires to cross the system.

Wires are never under load, and they must not be. The slots in the alu side makes the angle sensor rotate in the same way as the slots in the OEM steering wheel acts.

The spacer is plug and play, and can be pulled out from the car in future. Just unplug the battery while fitting.

Fitting instructions can be published here if needed, or enclosed in the package.

It's CAD designed, CNC made and available for NB, NC and ND MX-5.

Made and located in Italy, it cost 200 €. Shipment cost by carrier is included for MX5Ireland users.

Payment by paypal, contact me by PM if you need one or just for any question about it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GiacomoRS

Re: STEERING WHEEL SPACER FOR OEM STEERING WHEEL NB NC ND WI

Postby GiacomoRS » Fri, 01 Sep 2017 10:43 +0000

I forgot to say that shipment is always by carrier, usually UPS. It takes 3-4 days to arrive in Ireland and from Italy it cost about 30€ usually, but it's free for mx5ireland users ;)
GiacomoRS

Postby GiacomoRS » Fri, 20 Oct 2017 6:22 +0000

Update: pics of the spacer FITTED on an ND
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GiacomoRS

Postby GiacomoRS » Mon, 14 May 2018 4:51 +0000

Hi,

update: the spacers are now available with a custom made plug-in harness that makes very easy to extend the wires without cut & weld them.
It took a lot to find the connectors which 100% match the existing on the car's steering wheel and clockspring.
I've made a batch of spacers matt black anodized.
GiacomoRS

Postby GiacomoRS » Fri, 07 Dec 2018 8:29 +0000

Hi,

wish to update this thread, showing some customizations available for the spacers, and pics of it installed on NB, NBFL and NC cars.

AND, watch this girl reviewing my spacer on a Fiat 500. What's so special with her? She's a racing driver, she raced in the Pro mazda Championship, and she dreams of the F1. Will womans in F1 make it more interesting?

GiacomoRS

Return to For sale