Login    Register

GPS tracking system

Found something cool on ebay... spread the word
  • Author
GPS tracking system

Postby franksm » Tue, 13 Apr 2010 5:34 +0000

Bought this tracking system from Ebay, it's the absolute biz !!

Basically, what it does is

- send you a txt message telling you GPS coordinates of where the car is located and what speed it is doing
- allow you to immobilise the engine via a text message
- warn you by txt if the car is moved outside of a certain area that you define via a txt message

Took me about 2 hours to fit it to the Jag, but would me about an hour or 90 mins on the MX5. Takes three wires minimum (earth, +12v permanent, +12v IGN/ACC) or 6 in total for a full installation (earth, +12v permanent, +12v IGN/ACC, -ve feed to immobiliser relay, feed to/from the car's existing alarm, and a wire to a panic button)

Also has a battery built-in so that it works still if the car's main battery is disconnected.

Some people won't care where their car is if it is stolen - if so, this device isn't for you. I have had something similar fitted to the MX5 for years, but bought this unit for the Jag.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330401610568
It's a small world after all. It's a small, small world
franksm

Re: GPS tracking system

Postby johnc55 » Tue, 13 Apr 2010 7:26 +0000

Looks interesting. I was interested in a unit like this sometime last year but didn't want to order from China. Good to get a local distributor and feedback from a real user.

Will definitely look into this further.

Thanks

JohnC55
johnc55

Postby Steve » Thu, 15 Apr 2010 8:56 +0000

I like it! :wink:
Steve
Site Admin

Postby paulie1981 » Mon, 19 Apr 2010 11:31 +0000

Trackers are brilliant! A friend of mine had his car back unmarked within an hour of it being stolen. The scum had parked it a few miles away to test for a tracker - obviously this paid off as the cops soon arrived with with a tow truck :)

They can sometimes give trouble though - my mam had one of the first of the new type Golf GTI's in 05 which were a high theft risk at the time. The phone rang at home a 4 one morning to notify that the car had been removed from its last recorded location and was now suspected to be on a ferry to France!! It was sitting on the drive! Good to know they work though.
paulie1981

Return to Ebay finds