Login    Register

Turbo Golf

Forum for discussion on non-MX5s
  • Author
Turbo Golf

Postby Richie L » Sat, 05 Sep 2009 11:53 +0000

Hey Steve,
This is the Revo switch I told you about.It allows switching of various parameters to the Revo software on the ecu.The old VW programme is still there and can be called up on demand to bring the car back to stock.The new software brings the car to a healthy 190 bhp from 150 and can then be fine tuned with the switch depending on any mods or fuel type/air temp etc.For example I fitted a Forge DV replacing the stock allowing better recirc to be maintained at high boost.I then changed the boost from 5 to 6 and hey presto was up to 200 bhp.If I change the exhaust and fit a FM I can retune again.Or If I run 98 Ron I can change the timing to reflect the bigger bang and get the full advantage of the fuel.It all works and has done now for 2 years no problems.Of course its only for track days and not public roads.A benefit is you can tune for economy and lean it out.I got 60MPG once on a run with 40 combined being easily achievable.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Richie L

Re: Turbo Golf

Postby Steve » Sat, 05 Sep 2009 8:54 +0000

Very nice..

just curious, 2 maps, can you add more? Can it plug into your laptop for DIY tuning?
Steve
Site Admin

Re: Turbo Golf

Postby Richie L » Sat, 05 Sep 2009 10:21 +0000

Yeah there are 6 maps in total on the switch.3 are user defined presets which I programme from my laptop changing things like boost,timing etc.The device is USB to the laptop and then you can bring it with you to the car for flashing the ecu.1 further map is a Revo factory setup which is not changeable and this gives about 180bhp.Another map brings it back to stock VW and the final map is an anti -theft programme which disables the ecu so even if someone has the keys it wont go beyond idle.You can switch the ecu directly from the laptop through the switch like the fast and furious movie but I am not cool enough to do that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Richie L

Return to My other car is a ...