Login    Register

ugh... a bag of issues

Forum for discussion on non-MX5s
  • Author
Re: ugh... a bag of issues

Postby Steve » Mon, 21 Jan 2019 12:40 +0000

went to get out of the Kyron yesterday and heard a snap... and the door handle stopped working on the inside... gah Took off the door card and can see the small plastic bracket that holds the cable snapped off. New card ordered from ebay (38e, nice). Have to put down the window and open from the outside till that arrives ;-)
Steve
Site Admin

Postby Pops » Mon, 21 Jan 2019 5:49 +0000

No fun having to open the window in that rain we’ve just had, lucky to find the bits on eBay though
Pops

Postby Steve » Fri, 10 Jan 2020 5:34 +0000

Just to update ;-)
The 4 wheel drive stopped working... which lead to some creative driving to get out of some spots I managed to get into while restoring the house (steep hill, mud and a wall on either side for example). I went on a search for parts (new front hub solenoids) and found them... but bought the whole car they were attached to :D
Facelift model with the same engine but is auto, leather, reverse sensors, etc etc. As a result, I now have a black field/parts car.

We've moved into the house, delighted with it, lots still to do but it won't be as manic as before.
Got some big boy toys in to sort out the driveway/field :

The kitchen went from this :

To this :

To this :

Not finished but happy with progress.

NCT retest on the new Kyron on Monday, failed on handbrake effort and vin missing off chassis (common thing, went through it with the black one last year too).
Steve
Site Admin

Postby Pops » Fri, 10 Jan 2020 6:29 +0000

That's a heck of a lot of work, do you have the time to play with the guitar? First few pics didn't load.
Is the replacement kyron going to be the main car now
Pops

Postby Steve » Sat, 11 Jan 2020 12:56 +0000

ah, yeah, wasn't sharing the links to the photos, shared now.

heh yeah was a fair bit alright ;-)
Yup the silver one will be the main work horse now.
Guitar, no... I don't really have the time but if I leave it lying around I can grab a min or two here and there, its good for the head :-)
Steve
Site Admin

Postby Steve » Mon, 21 Sep 2020 11:38 +0000

The black parts car has come in handy a few times already. Have swopped over driver's door window switches (just swopped the innards to keep same trim colour) this fixed all problems I'd been having on the other doors, the new rear disks and pads, wipers, main drive belt tensioner, and the viscous clutched fan.
While I was at it... a new belt, 4 tyres, new exhaust, new upgraded brake pedal switch and loom, oil + filter and had some welding done.
It needs a rear driver's side caliper (and set of pads, caliper sticking, gah), which I'll swop over from the black Kyron. It'll also need an aircon recharge soon, might have a go myself, looks pretty straight forward.
Then... that'll be the daily drivers sorted and I'll be back to getting the '5 sorted out :-)
Steve
Site Admin

Previous

Return to My other car is a ...