Login    Register
  • Author
Injection

Postby tgems » Sun, 01 Nov 2009 12:37 +0000

Hey guys.
Found a K&N Civic CRX induction Kit Air filter.
It's just the filter, is that enough? What else comes in the kit and is it as important as the filter itself to get the K&N other bits that come with the kit?
There are so many out there and it gets so confusing!

Thanks,

tom
tgems

Re: Injection

Postby ger » Sun, 01 Nov 2009 3:14 +0000

not sure what you mean tom.

post a pic or link.

You may get a better response if you post this question in the general section, this section is for forced induction (turbo/supercharging)
ger

Postby sidewaysreilly » Mon, 02 Nov 2009 12:48 +0000

Howiya,

fitted a so called kit recently and to be honest, you dont get much. Its way cheaper just buying the filter alone. You will need a reducer to fit filter onto the MAP sensor.....or whatever its called. The kit we got came with a cold air feed tube which was impossible to fit with the p/s and aircon so i ran it from grille up thro bonnet catch oval and just pointed at the filter. The filter supplied is way too big for this engine and a smaller one would suffice. I cut back the inlet trunking up to the last bellows and put filter /map sensor on here. This allows the filter to sit right behind the headlight unit in the cold air stream. Advance timing to 14degrees and it will make the car much more responsive at part throttle and reduce the flat spot at low revs considerably.I will post a pic later in the week seeing as i copped how to do it.
Sean.
The perfection of a Car's beauty is that nothing should be there for beauty's sake.
sidewaysreilly

Postby ger » Mon, 02 Nov 2009 9:55 +0000

if your 5 is a 1.6 89-93 here is a proper induction kit for sale.

http://www.mx5ireland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2376
ger

Postby sidewaysreilly » Mon, 02 Nov 2009 11:00 +0000

Na, tis a 1.8. Not impressed with the K&N kit at all. A smaller dia filter would have been better and the mounting bracket was poor allowing the filter to resonate which couldnt have been good for the hotwire element. I made up my own and
it supports the whole lot rather than it vibrating up and down.Cutting back the inlet trunking also takes it away from the exhaust and puts it right behind the headlight.
The perfection of a Car's beauty is that nothing should be there for beauty's sake.
sidewaysreilly

Return to Engine Mods