Login    Register
  • Author
Cork - VW Garage.

Postby Fergus » Mon, 18 Feb 2013 10:30 +0000

Brought a relatives VW Golf that had a failed clutch to 'Ballinlough Motor Mechanics' on the Ballinlough road here in Cork on December 22nd last year, it was the day they were all going on they're Christmas Hols and they couldn't do anything with the car but they still took it in. She got her car back on they're first day back at work and they had to replace the clutch - I won't say the cost but I will say 'WOW' !!

They have worked on Mx5's as well as other cars but I have no knowledge/experience in that area with them. From what I've seen with the VW Golf I do say these guys know what they are doing. The man to talk to there is called 'Liam', there's no cowboy hat on this man and they get a Thumbs Up from me :thumright:

If you own a VW, VW Golf then go to them.
If you own another type of car, then just give them a try, I think you'll be happy with them.
Fergus

Re: Cork - VW Garage.

Postby paulc » Sun, 07 Apr 2013 9:18 +0000

Nice to see Liam Hourighan and the lads getting an honourable mention. I have been sending cars into Liam for year's. He looks after my 5 and Merc. estate as well as all the extended family cars. Liam's dad Billy who started the business is still around, doing a lot of the running to auto factors etc. and when he gets a bit of room in the garage he does a bit of work to a 60s Austin A40 he came across locally. Sound lads for anyone in the area.

paulc
paulc

Re: Cork - VW Garage.

Postby paulc » Thu, 11 Apr 2013 8:44 +0000

Tried replying last week but it somehow disappeared, so here goes again. I have been bringing cars to Ballinlough Motors for years including my 5 and Merc estate. Liam is second generation here. His day Billy is still involved a bit but Liam is the one running the show, sound guy. Will work on any motor and will always manage to give good service.

paulc
paulc

Return to Counties A->F