Login    Register

Summary 2016 - Cannes, St Tropez, Monaco

Planning a run or tech-day? Post the details here
  • Author
Summary 2016 - Cannes, St Tropez, Monaco

Postby Cloggy » Sat, 04 Apr 2015 7:54 +0000

I'm heading to Cannes, St Tropez, Monaco with the MX, in the summer 2016. Avoiding french motorways, just back roads. Invitation to come for the spin. Reserving 14 days.
I haven't set a date nor planned a route yet, so stay tuned...
Roughly: Rosslare-Cherbourg - Central France - Switzerland - Cannes/St Tropez - back via Andorra - Bordeaux and up the coast back to Cherbourg.
Cloggy
FUN is never a straight line!
Cloggy

Re: Summary 2016 - Cannes, St Tropez, Monaco

Postby 93 Mk1 » Sat, 04 Apr 2015 8:24 +0000

I would strongly avoid the first 2 weeks in August for this trip due to French holidays. Also, the traffic on the south of France
will be horrendous. If you're going from the Swiss border towards Cannes then you really should consider the Routes des Grandes Alpes which
includes Val d'Isere, Col d'Iseran etc. It's stunning and your MX will thank you !!
The roads on the western coast of France do not hug the coast so the scenery there is not as nice but still a nice trip. La Rochelle and Ile d Ré
would be worth a stop.
For fuel, use the bigger supermarkets like Super U, Intermache etc these are much cheaper. Motorway fuel prices are very steep. The tolls are
pretty mad too pricewise so you're right to avoid the Autoroutes.
Just my 2c.........
1992 Eunos Roadster BRG V-Spec 1.6
93 Mk1

Postby Cloggy » Sat, 04 Apr 2015 10:30 +0000

93 Mk1 wrote:I would strongly avoid the first 2 weeks in August for this trip due to French holidays. Also, the traffic on the south of France
will be horrendous. If you're going from the Swiss border towards Cannes then you really should consider the Routes des Grandes Alpes which
includes Val d'Isere, Col d'Iseran etc. It's stunning and your MX will thank you !!
The roads on the western coast of France do not hug the coast so the scenery there is not as nice but still a nice trip. La Rochelle and Ile d Ré
would be worth a stop.
For fuel, use the bigger supermarkets like Super U, Intermache etc these are much cheaper. Motorway fuel prices are very steep. The tolls are
pretty mad too pricewise so you're right to avoid the Autoroutes.
Just my 2c.........

Thx for the tips. 93 Mk1. Hope to see you on the trip. In 2011 we went to Barcelona. That was a trip of a life time. Gonna make sure this one's on par.
Cloggy
FUN is never a straight line!
Cloggy

Postby 93 Mk1 » Sun, 05 Apr 2015 1:06 +0000

I probably won't make it as I've a trip on this year myself. If you want any info on the above I'd be glad to help.
I remember reading about the Barcelona trip - it looked great !
1992 Eunos Roadster BRG V-Spec 1.6
93 Mk1

Return to Runs and tech-days